Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To Shave or not to shave

This should be the longest time I have had hair on my head without shaving. It's not that long though. But there are reasons why I don't want to shave, why, I'd rather have my hair instead of cutting it down. We all like our hair, some of us even love our hair. They say that hair describes personality. I support that. That by you understanding the real motive behind someone's hair, you may be able to know him more.


So, I have never been a huge hair type of person, until recently. A lot happened actually, for one, I realized that I really liked dreadlocks. Those neat type of dreadlocks. I used to dislike them, I thought they were only for rebels and social mis fits ( I also used to think that my dad was the smartest and strongest person on earth when I was 6). But I  saw some really nice and hot locks so I fell for them.  The bad thing is that I cannot keep them. You see, I live with my parents, and my mom, who is not at all old fashioned, will willingly assume that character, and who knows what might happen to me. My mom is a born again Christian, she is principled, and has raised her children in the light, so for one of his sons to get dreadlocks would be insanity. What will the Women's group say? huh?. But that is just one side of the Story.
I plan to join some private university around soon. The worst thing? they have got strict rules on dressing, and especially, NO DREADLOCKS. But I really want to go there, it's been all I have been talking about lately. And also the rest of my family is there (those who are still in school). So what options do I remain with??

The second and most important reason why I want hair/ do not want to shave (whichever way you want to look at it) is that, I noticed that my dad is growing bald. Okay, not exactly, but I can see it coming, his brothers, my uncles,some of them already have a bald head. What's worse? my grandpa, Mom's papa, has a bald head! You see, truth be told. I don't want to grow to regret having hair on my head. If at all I should ever have a bald head, I should have enjoyed my hair-days (It's high time bald people started using 'hair days" to talk about the days the used to have hair). That's one, another thing I don't want to go through the same torment that bald and bald to be people go through every day. We've all been there, we've either laughed at a bald person or though about it secretly. These are just some of the most tormenting things SOME bald people  go though.

> Bald people have to second guess themselves every time they go to a Barber shop. It's not always that you will get excellent service at the Barber shop. Not unless you are a renowned member to the Barber shop. When n you go to the barber shop to get a hair cut,(assuming the barber doesn't know you) you have to go stealthily and take a seat waiting to be shaved.
The regular stories business and politics will thrive. All along,, the Barber will assume he has not seen you. After few more clients have been served, the Barber will turn to chase you away.
" Boss, No idlers here!! You should read the sign!"
But since you are embarrassed, you will now tell him amidst a forced chuckle and a crooked- also obviously forced-smile
" eh.. eh.. Yes, I wanted to shave down my hair!!"
Looking at you now, the Barber will realize that you are bald. He would stop and stare at you. What is going through his mind right now, is how big that "airport", "helipad", "soccer pitch" or whatever fancy nickname he's got for your bald head, has gotten. With an equally forced chuckle and a crooked smile, he will tell you to wait for a moment.
When He's done shaving other people, you're up. What he gets is not only the shaving machine, but as you soon find out, you have to be shave with some geometrical or arithmetic  instrument. He might get a ruler. I even know one who used a pair of dividers to efficiently shave your head. After long moments of struggling with your head, he's done. You with all the excitement get up from the barber's chair and ask him
"How much do I owe you?" He looks at you , pats you in the back and tells you
"Don't worry about the payment my friend, that I have done to you as a service to humanity"
This is accompanied by muzzled laughter from the 'real' idlers.

So that is just one case. You are now saying to yourself, that is not very bad! right?? Wrong! It is. Another bad thing when you get bald, your face grows longer with the  receding hairline. In extreme cases, your face may actually start at the end of your head. This is really bad, because, what will happen is, when you get angry at someone, it is impossible for you to have that classical male anger reaction (also classically adopted from Gorillas) of twisting and wrinkling up your face when you are angry. The reason behind this is that, when you twist your face, the wrinkle actually forms at the back of your head. This means that you face will be plain.Someone has to look at you from your back to notice the expression you are trying to show, weather it is anger or surprise
Did I mention that you have to wash your 'face' starting from the back of your head?? And when you get shocked you cannot hold you head, you have to put you hands on the back neck-That is where you new head is at officially.

So now you understand my dilemma. None of the actions that I might take above my prove pleasing to me, so I guess I will just cut my hair short. I mean shorter than its already tall. I hope I have not offended anyone.If you are bald, don't feel too bad!
at least you know I'll be feeling the same some forty years from now.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Krox's world
I am just good.Atleast that is what I think myself as...
View my complete profile

Followers

Twitter