Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The RedCall??? I Scream Conspiracy

I know its quite some time know after the red call hoax. But I could have as well kept quiet about it. What hurts me so much is that, days after the "hoax" people are still talking about it. But I'm going to prove why it's a personally presumed conspiracy.

But first, so that you do not feel so bad, and timed out, here is something I know you will love.

HOW TO TALK AT 2/- USING YOUR SAFARICOM LINE

When Zain Kenya company lowered their tarriffs many opted to join the network, but some like me, chose to remain in Safaricom ( I have been a loyal citizen for a few months now) What we expected was Safaricom to reply with an even juicier price plan. This was a plan that was supposed to make all the over 80% subscribers among other networks be happy. If they did that, that is for you to decide.
So they finally came up with a plan. Obviously with strings attached. As they call it themselves, Terms and Conditions apply.
So this is the oh so amazing plan that they came up with.
You load Airtime worth 100 through 1000 and call 2/- on net and 3/- off net
Airtime worth 50/- and you call 3/- offnet and on net.
yada yada yada. ( the rest is really not fulfilling!)
So this is how you talk at only 2/-
First you have to buy airtime worth 100/-
(yeah I know, but that is the catch, its still cheaper than 250/-)
After that, your sim will automatically switch to 2/- on net and 3/- off net
So, for you to keep talking at only that amount regardless whether you buy a 5/- card worth of airtime or 20/-. You have to get another phone and load in the amount then sambaza yourself.

There,.. you can buy a 5/- shilling credit card and still talk for their offer price of 2/- on net and 3/- off net. That is what I have been doing.

See,.. I told you that you’ll love it.


Now to the CONSPIRACY

CONSPIRACY


I’ll be brief, and leave all the thinking to you. But allow me to introduce  to you the thought.
Now if you are Palestinian, Nigerian, Ghanaian or Kenyan you probably know about the red call Hoax.
Its exactly a week later after it hit Kenya by storm. I therefore decided to take you  through this.
Well, all the Kenyan telecommunication companies denied all allegations conserning the red call hoax. But come to think of it, I have reason to believe that they were involved.
Well, they are smart. Viral marketing technique was used here. From social media sites such as twitter to facebook. But this way they would never even be involved right?? C’mon,..
The text rates went from as high as 5/- per text to 1/- per text. That is a crazy drop in price. They knew that this would be the right time to take viral marketing from social media, translate it into texts then distribute it around the country. How, through the ever paranoid and surprisingly ignorant population.
Here’s the business sense. If one text is one shilling, the general  public would not really mind sending more than one text. Infact psychologically speaking, I would be even willing to send more texts.
So what happens if as a company we get a million texts, that means that is a a million shillings without any struggle. And what if our texts as a company go for 3.50/- and 5/- and we manage to get just 100 000 texts sent,. Then that is 350 000 and 500 000 shillings made in twenty four hours. And we close the business and keep quiet about it.
It does make sense….. think about it…

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Krox's world
I am just good.Atleast that is what I think myself as...
View my complete profile

Followers

Twitter