Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bungoma Bible School

Bungoma Bible School

 I promised to blog about my current school. I will try my best to be specific with the details and stuff.

Bungoma Bible School is situated in Western Kenya in a small town called Bungoma which is less than 50 kilometers from the Malaba Kenya Uganda border. Bungoma is known for the many bicycle taxis who are commonly known as ‘bodaboda’
The institution was established in the late 1980’s by a missionary called Doris Stortlar who is nowadays commonly referred to as Mama Doris. She then partnered with Justus Ochuro (whom I add up as the son) to run the school. Him as the director of the institution.
So far the school has had over a thousand graduates in the certificate course, which takes a year to complete. It boasts of students from all over East Africa, From Rwanda Burundi Tanzania Sudan and more so Kenya. Those from Kenya also come from diverse places in the country, from Eastern Coast and even Northeastern provinces just to name a few.
The institution is also has a church in Bungoma town. The church is called Word of Life Christian Fellowship. I go to that church.
Well my school is really cool come to think of it. It has classes for only half a day. From 9 to 12.30 in the afternoon. You may be wondering what they teach. Well, wonder no more, because that is what I plan to tell you exactly.
As a theology institution it is based on mainly equipping Christians. For the work of the saints and the edification of the body of Christ.
The school offers Certificate course, which only takes a year to complete, A diploma certificate which requires 4 more semesters a after the certificate course. (Note that a semester takes three months to go through) . A degree course is also offered in the institution.
I am almost done with the Certificate course. As a matter of fact, I’ll be done in November. There many things in form of Advantages I can tell you about the Bible School. But for me to be able to tell you effectively, allow me to tell you the advantages as I see it. As it has occurred to me.
In the Bible School you will be able to develop a more intimate relationship with God. When I joined, I was just an average, church going Christian. All I knew is that I loved God and that was enough for me. Through this institution, I have developed a more intimate Relationship with God. One in which my faith has been built towards him.
Another advantage is that I have learnt so so many stuff about Christianity in general. I have learnt to pray. Not so long ago were the days I used to go to pray, and I would be like,..
“ God bless me. In Jesus name, Amen”
And that was it. Nothing more to add him. Now I know the value of Supplication Thanks Giving and even Intersession among others. I know how to pray. I know what God wants in a prayer so that it should be answered. ( and just incase you are wondering what that is, the answer is faith. God understands the Language of Faith)
I have learnt to praise and to Worship.
I have gained knowledge of the Bible. I know what God says bout my life, socially, Spiritually, Financially, and all other ways. I think this is the most important and effective part in my life personally. It is such a joy and a blessing to just know what God thinks of you.
I have also gained commitment to the call. I’m not saying that I’m cut out to be a pastor, or an evangelist or some minister in the church. But I believe that it is the duty of each and every Christian to lead lost to Christ. As he left us with that duty. It is the responsibility of each and every christen to come against all the plans of the devil through sickness diseases, plagues, accidents and all form of negative incidents.
I have also gotten my priorities set straight. I know that form here I go to the university. That will be a good thing. Because I know that there is purpose set for me in my llife. I will live to achieve that great purpose.
Did I mention I also caught a fire?? Yeupp, I caught a fire for God ( which is like also wayyy,soo tawtally amazing) and I have to warn you, I’m contagious. I love God and will tell of him who gave his life for me.
I should also add that one more advantage is that the school is the cheapest in all Kenya. Tuition fee is only 200/- and you get to pay for the books each sem at only 2000/-. There is no boarding fee. A boarding place, room, bed and mattress is provided, Electricity and Water is also provided. All you need to do is to provide yourself with food. There are Kitchens available where you can cook for yourself.
So as you can see, there is really nothing to lose. As a matter of fact there are only advantages to this Bungoma Bible School. And NO disadvantages. No lie. This is absolute fact!.
I could go on and on and on and on about it butttt, I chose not to, in any way, I will be blogging about it regularly before and even after I graduate. So you may get to know a lot about it through that way too.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Krox's world
I am just good.Atleast that is what I think myself as...
View my complete profile

Followers

Twitter