Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The referendum after the referendum

iKenyans are beautiful people, yet very complicated and hard to understand. They have been known to be a working nation and also a drinking nation, though I cannot be able to tell which one comes first. Kenyans, the workers are real hustlers, hardened by the society. Its a rough world out here, and therefore, learning to fend for oneself is a must know-how skill. And that is why Kenya is a working nation. Yes, I know, most of you don't believe it, so here is another reason, the president- Kibaki, said so. So its indeed a working nation.

The drinking part,... well, that is for you to tell me, I mean, its only in Kenya where the MP's will try to legalise a brew that has been banned in the land since independence, so if that is not reason enough, You probably know one or two people living in a a 50 metre radius from you who are serious drunkards. Not the grab a beer at a pub drunkard. No, I'm talking about, getting- wasted- till you- forget- yourself  drunkard, the sleep -in- a - mud- puddle drunkard, the sing -to- the -whole-neighbourhood drunkard.

That said and done, this country has had the most peaceful referendum. I still feel it was an insult to international press, who came hungry for some 'Kenyan action" a big disappointment I should add. They might have expected what they saw in 2007, but hey, who said that Kenyans are just some cold hearted blood sucking tribalistic folks? We have some love in Us. In fact a lot of love for that matter.

In case you dint know, the referendum was to pass the all so talked about constitution ion Africa. And it passed.

So here is the new referendum. folks want the president( I inclusive) to declare tomorrow a public holiday. You may not understand, but in Kenya we love public holidays. For some reason, it unites as more as Kenyans. It unites us as a people, and also to those who don't mind a bottle, it creates a stronger drinking nation fraternity.
We also get public holidays,and we miss some opportunities to get others. For instance, had Kenya gone to the world cup, we would have had a month long holiday.(so much for the working nation)
 But that is not the main problem. Most Kenyans are happy, even those like me who voted against the proposed constitution, so how how about  a holiday MR president? I know you are happy too, plus you are the one who declared us a working nation. Just a day to support your drinking brothers wont hurt. Or , a day to praise God for the victory would also be cool.

We could even set up a referendum this moment and vote. Promise you will not be disappointed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this be so on point!!

Krox's world said...

yes man,.. The president should for real get us a holiday.

About Me

My Photo
Krox's world
I am just good.Atleast that is what I think myself as...
View my complete profile

Followers

Twitter